Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Seasons, Princesses and Dancing Fairies

sc303 blk

My daughter, granddaughter and I walk every day...weather permitting. (lol...Jorden is in the stroller)... what is it about piles of leaves that make your feet shuffle through them then resume walking normally when you hit the bare sidewalk? I love the sound of the crunch-swoosh-crunch!

I'm sharing several cards with you today, the first one being a monochromatic, as the colors are fading more and more with the coming of Winter.

This is Our Daily Bread designs Randi's Song, Missing You and Brocade Background stamped in Chalk ink Burnt Sienna, Chestnut Roan and Distress Walnut Stain...colored with Copics then sponged with Distress inks.

SC303 Mercy and LoveOne of my favorite hymns...
Great Is Thy Faithfulness.
Read through the verses sometime...
beautiful!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This next card was done for the Hope To challenges on Splitcoast, today's being a sketch plus it had to have a "dancer" on it. I used Sassy Cheryl's Sassy Fairy.

HYCCT20 Sassy Dancer 1LOL...there is a little dot by the middle bling that isn't ON the card and I didn't notice it until AFTER I'd finished in PS! 
Hard to see in the photo but she has glitter pen on her wings and wand.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, this next one, I did yesterday for one of the other Hope To challenges... Inspired by little girls... I went with my two youngest granddaughters who love everything PRINCESS! And this AWEsome fancy fold! This is Paola's sample.

HYCCT19 Little GirlsPrincess This is another Sassy image, Prissy Sassy Jazzy, colored with Copics. The sentiment is Stampabilities. That gorgeous paper is by Prima.

Hope your day is wonderful
where ever you may be! and that I've inspired you to try something new...

or to go shuffle through some leaves!

thanks for stopping!

Dawn

4 comments :

Joan V said...

Hi Dawn, I love your cards today. I enjoy doing monochromatic cards, also. The fancy fold card is a little above where I am at in my card making, but yours is beautiful. I am sure these kind of cards take a lot of patience and time. I spent the last two days hiking through a state park shuffling many leaves. Have a wonderful day.

- dlm. said...

Dawn - Your first card is absolutely stunning...it is so elegant. The Princess cards make me smile! They bring back wonderful memories of when my DDs loved all things "princess." Many thanks for sharing for craft.

Jeni said...

These are amazing Dawn! ~jeni :)

Sharon in NE said...

Dawn, how many times have I sang the song "Great is your Faithfulness". over the years. Lets see, I'm 50 and grew up a Baptist preacher's daughter. The answer is a LOT...and with the wonderful contemporary Christian songs in our services I had not thought about this wonderful hymn for a while but thanks to you, I read through all the verses and saw them in a new light, as a mature Christian who greatly appreciates those new mercies each morning. Thank you for reminding me of this precious song.