Thursday, October 14, 2010

Randi's Window

More Fall color! The leaves continue to amaze me each day. I think I can't see a more beautiful tree, then I walk down the next block and see one ablaze with COLOR! 

Here is a card I did a couple weeks ago but never blogged it...I know I know...lazy butt that I am! LOL! I called it Randi's Window after the stamp set and also because the challenge was to make some sort of "window" on your card.

I stamped the leaf image from Randi's Song  in 3 colors and cut out the leaf (it is a square image with script behind the leaf)...then I set about to dampen it, scrunch it up, carefully un-scrunch it, let it dry and applied Distress inks DTP (direct to paper). THEN I spritzed them with water again (this let the ink bleed), scrunched and un-scrunched and let them dry.
The Wood Background speaks for itself....stamped it, sponged it with Distress inks.
The leaf window is a Cuttlebug die. I stamped Ecc 3:1-8 on white cs, sponged with some Distress ink and put it behind the leaf cutout.
The "window frame" is Spellbinders Labels 1. Sentiment is from Missing You.






My favorite time of year!
I never get tired of its beauty!

Enjoy your day and as always...

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

5 comments :

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, I just love how the leaves look so real and love the wood grain back ground

Joan V said...

Dawn, ooh, this card is so cool. I love autumn and this card is right up my alley. I love the leaves, how realistic !!!! Thank you for sharing.

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so pretty, it reminds me of the great old barns in our area that are eclipsed in the the glow of all the fall colors! Beautiful card!

Brandi said...

I love this card! The leaves are amazing! :) Thanks for sharing how you got "the look".

- dlm. said...

Just beautiful! The look that you achieved with the leaves is stunning.