Saturday, October 16, 2010

Needle Felting Meets Card Making...and some News!

felt blk

You'll be seeing some new creations
from me using
Mark's Finest Papers.
Starting in November
I'll be on their Design Team!
Yeah, I'm excited!

Faith (owner) sent me several months releases along with a couple from this month! Today's HYCCT and Inspiration challenges on Splitcoast were perfect for this cute Polar Bear! To use felt, and the inspiration piece I used had snowflakes.

felt side I needle felted some sheep's wool and stamped the bear from the set Time To Chill and cut it out. Also felted a little for the "snow". Then stamped the snowflakes from the same set with Versamark and heat embossed Holographic and Glacier White embossing powder.

HYCCT16 Felt Chill A different card for sure, but fun to make.

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

7 comments :

Joanne Travis said...

Yay, I am glad you'll be on MFP's Design Team!!!!! Congratulations and welcome :)

Traci S. said...

Congratulations, Dawn! I'm sure they have a fun DT also! I can't wait to see what else you will make for them!

I love this cute little bear that you made. He looks so soft. I hope that is a big chunk of ice she is heading for...they need the ice to stay together for all of those little and BIG polar bears. They are running out of solid ground to stay on because it is all melting.

Sorry to go ECO on you...This is a topic that is dear to my heart. The card is great, Dawn!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Betty Benton said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your creations for Mark's Finest Papers; you'll be a wonderful addition to the team! Cute card -- how creative to us the sheep's wool on your card!

Jeni said...

What a cool technique! Congrats on the DT!!! Yay! ~jeni :)

Marlene said...

Congrats on the new DT!!!

- dlm. said...

Dawn - What an adorable card! The texture that you achieved with the wool is amazing.

Many congratulations on being part of MFP's design team!

Lenoria said...

Wow, what an absolutely unique and very personal touch to a card! This is so cute. Congratulations on your new design team membership.