Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Sale and a Fun Card!

F4A11 blk

 Jacksonbelle Embellishments

 Mother's Day Sale!

30% off now-Sunday

Can't pass up a sale, right?!!

My card uses Cosmo Cricket

I had some fun today with this one! It's a combo of challenges from Splitcoast to Mo's! The Splitcoast challenges are to use a pin (WT269) and to use gel pens (F4A11). Mo's challenge is to use anything that includes or suggests water.

F4A11 waterI used this darling Summer Baby image that was a freebie a while back. After I got it all colored, I thought...Ranger's Glossy Accents!
Yeah, make it LOOK like water! So, I did!

F4A11 gelSakura gel pen here and there...some of it is just "pen" marks, other places I blended it in with my waterbrush!

F4A11 gel hairF4A11 duck And the pin. I used the duckie from Summer Baby Accessories. I sliced into its little neck (he didn't feel a thing!) so the dental floss could slide in there and be kept snug. YES, I said dental floss! I also colored it with a Copic to match. (learned that little trick from GinaK!) The duckie is popped up too.

F4A11 In The Pool I kept the Nestie in place, masked the image and airbrushed.

It's a gorgeous day here in Ohio...hope it's nice where ever you might be too!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

20 comments :

Sabrina Jackson said...

Get out of here....how cute is this? Dawn, my friend, you have outdone yourself with this one!! Your coloring out of this world and all of those little special touches...especially the water idea....WOWZER!!! I LOVE IT!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

- dlm. said...

Ahhh...what an adorable card! Love the Glossy Accents on the water!

Marlene said...

INCREDIBLE!!!! Love the card - and you did a fantastic job making that water look realistic and, well, WET! :)

Elaine L. said...

This is adorable, Dawn! Love the "water" especially. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Jodi said...

OH WOW! I just LOVE this Dawn!! I love the water, looks sooo real! Great work!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Joanne (jojot) said...

thud....splash!!!

a masterpiece in color and dimension...loving the watah, gf

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Now water doesn't get more REAL looking than this! {{{GREAT JOB!}}}

Come and join Mo's NEXT week too!

Cynthia said...

Wow! The water is fabulous and so REAL! Great coloring as well.

stampqueen said...

Too cute for words!!!!

Anonymous said...

The coloring on this card with the touch of glossy accents is just fabulous! What a wonderful card! can't wait to see what you create next!
~Pam

Cherie said...

Fantastic colouring and great inspiration.
Love Cherie

Tine said...

Hi, stunning card - coloured to perfection and that water is brilliant!
Tine :)

Caryn said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for dropping by and joining in the challenge at Mo's.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ann English said...

Wow! I can't get over the water-this is amazing!!! Love it!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, my, gosh! That water is amazing. You are simply inspiring!

Karen said...

That is so cute. I love the water! You are one clever woman!

Heather Huggins said...

Too cute.. Love the water...

The Wired Angel said...

Fab job on this Dawn.. just too cute.. Hugs, Peggy x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww...an adorable card Dawn :)
Thanks for playing along with Mo's challenge this week and hope to see you again x

Dawn B. said...

Dawn this is terrific. I love the water. It looks real.. Great job and thanks for joining us at Mo's.. It was good to see your name..
The OTHER Dawn