Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Sassy Color Challenge

Mar16 Tea Party blk

This week we have a color challenge with glitter... orange, green, black. I wasn't too sure about these colors when I read them, to be honest, but I LOVE my card!

I used Teddy Bear Tea Party.

Mar16 Tea PartyIt's colored with Copics, partially cut with Spellbinders Labels10, then finished with my craft knife. I sponged Distress ink while it was still in the die. I used my Sakura Glitter pen around the edges (thanks GinaK for reminding me about this trick), and added some to the teapot, sugar bowl and her dress.

Mar16 Tea Party clsup

Mar16 Tea Party glitter the DCWV, Pocket Full of Posies paper also has glitter.

Mar16 Tea Party blk

I colored some half pearls with a black Copic marker for the bear's eyes.

digi image: teddy bear tea party- sassy cheryl's
paper: georgia pacific white, dcwv pocket full of posies, unknown orange
ink: ranger distress peeled paint, shabby shutters
other: printer, copics, sakura glitter/white gel pen, spellbinders labels 10/scalloped oval, cuttlebugs swiss dots, corner rounder, dauber, craft knife, pearls, glue pen

Through a random drawing, Sassy Cheryl is offering a $5.00 gift certificate to her shop to one lucky participant! Come play along!

See what the rest of the Sassy Girls did by clicking on their name.

Ann English Cathy Edgar Dawn Burnworth
Heather Huggins Jackie Mooney Jodi Ann Lee
Kim Rhead Peggy Marsh
Tracy Jackson Alina Meijer
Chrissy Le Christa Knegt Judy Kreucher

 

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

15 comments :

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love, love, love it. The 3rd look along with the colors, layout and papers put it over the top. Great job, Dawn.

Ann English said...

I'm nearly speechless---what amazing coloring. The teddy bear is PERFECT! This image melts my heart-just love what you did with it!

- dlm. said...

What an adorable card, Dawn! I love your colouring (especially on the bear).

Kim said...

Beautiful card Dawn! I love that image!

Marlene said...

I love love love your card, too!

Alina said...

I love it, Dawn, it's so beautifully coloured!
Hugs, Alina

Christa said...

I really love your card ... it's amazing Dawn!

Hugs,
Christa

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card and greta colouring, Jackie =0)

jkreucher said...

Hi Dawn, I love your sweet card... I have this image colored and forgot it...
I need to learn how to use the nestabilities and cut out just a partial image...
It is such a great look..
hugs to ya..
Judy

Joanne (jojot) said...

you were a busy stamper with 3 posts today....I just wanted to stop in to say hi and see what you've been doin'.....and I can see you have been busy creating

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful coloring. Love it..

Tracy said...

Im glad you finally liked the colours I choose...you did a fantastic job!
Hugs
Tracy

Dawn B. said...

This is terrific Dawn..Love how you used those new Nesties..Great job..
Hugs,
The OTHER Dawn

Cathy said...

Dawn, what a gorgeous card you have created. I love your colors and all of the dimension you have added with layers and detail.

The Wired Angel said...

Very creative Dawn.. Love your card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and all you do for the DT! Hugs, Peggy