Friday, December 18, 2009

Pure Insanity!

LSC251blk

I think I've been suspicious of Mel's sanity for some time...today I came to the conclusion... that insanity doesn't run in her family, it GALLOPS! And I realized her insanity is also the type that is contagious!

Day after day she posts these labor intense projects, plus blog posts. She puts more work into ONE thing than I do in 3 months! But, today... yes, today I had to try her box.

I'm not going into detail because you can see every little cotton picking thing here. Why should I go to all that work when she's done it for me! MuhahahaHAha (as she would say!)

LSC251 Silver Skating BoxSeveral challenges in one... the LSC on SCS today was... incorporate some sort of silver and/or gold decorations/ornaments into your projects. This does NOT mean it has to be an ornament OR look like an ornament … it just has to be some sort of holiday decoration AND it has to be silver and/or gold!! You can use any embellishments you like, and you can use any other colors.

And for Mo's blog challenge (yes, again!), Just White.

Remember the Penguin Boxes I did earlier in the week...well, another table got added as more people are coming to the party, so I figured this could go on that table!

LSC251 closeup Colored with Copics, hightlights with a white gel pen and Zig silver pen. The ice is silver embossing powder, snowdrift edges coated with Sugar Dust....and lots of seed beads on silver thread (insane I tell you!!). Crochet thread for the stitching, Martha Stewart border punch.

LSC251 snow

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn...a little crazier after today

8 comments :

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awwwwwww! I am so honoured. You are always WAY too nice to me, my dear friend, but today ya made me blubber like a baby! Thank you more than I could ever say.

I just hafta tell you, this is pure AWEsome. You are such an incredible source of inspiration! I would have never thought to add an image and make such a sweet scene like that. It's brilliant. And all your Dawn-Details are heavenly, as usual! TOO cool! OXO m

shulsart said...

Wow, this is beautiful and very clever. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's challenge blog.

Elaine L. said...

How wonderful this is! I love the embossing on the scalloped piece. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! What a divine creation, Dawn! You are so clever!!! You are always so amazing!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cathryn said...

Wow, Dawn another wonderful project. I may have to try this box it is wonderful. TFS Thanks for playing in the challenge with another entry.

The Wired Angel said...

An absolutely beautiful project and definitely a labor of love. I agree with you that Mel is inspiring.. I want to go and hang out with her!

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge... and especially for sharing your wonderful talent and creativity. Hugs, Peggy

Lisa said...

Yet another cute project!!!! Thanks again for joining us this week on Mo's Challenge!

Peggy said...

Absolutely fabulous box!!