Friday, December 4, 2009

Best Made Plans of Mice and Men Often go Awry...

LSCP&J block_edited-1

or woman, as this case may be!

Yesterday just didn't turn into the card making frenzy day that I'd planned! Oh well! I have a few more days....right?

Here are a couple I whipped up this morning...yes, whipped.. actually quick to put together. It takes longer to write about them!! LOL

WT247 Our Family to YoursAn ordinary shipping tag. I smeared Gesso over it with my finger for a white background. While it was drying, I made my snowflakes.

Stamped in versamark, holographic embossing powder, heat set and sponged with tattered rose distress ink. Then, armed with my trusty craft knife, I cut them out!

Back to the tag...I put a couple drops of tattered rose reinker on my craft mat, spritzed with water and drug the tag through it several times until I got the desired color splotches. Which actually didn't turn out like I'd pictured in my head! So... *lightbulb*...I stamped the little snowflakes and sentiment (Peace & Joy) with versamark, sprinkled with holographic glitter ep and white ep (carefully)...and the heat tool. *lightbulb shatters*... if you remember, distress inks stay wet a long time... makes it nice if you want to emboss something...OR gives you a totally different look than you were trying to achieve! Yes, the white ep stuck to parts of the tag where the snowflakes weren't! But, hey! NO mistakes in stamping! I just sponged some more ink around the edges! Looks like a snow storm.

LSCP&J block So, Hobby Lobby had Spellbinders 50% off this week... I HAD to go! I picked up several Pendant dies and an Impressability.

It's kind of hard to pick up on camera, but the base has the Snowflake Impressability embossed on it, then while it was in place I used it like a stencil and Glimmer Misted with Pearl.

LSC249 Peace and Joy_dlThe Contemporary Heart Pendant and the Scalloped oval are GM'd too. The snowflake and sentiment are embossed with Enchanted Gold ep.

So, what are your plans for today? Leave room for change cause the day might not go how you think! LOL!

It's beautiful sunny here today! We'll see what I get accomplished!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

8 comments :

- dlm. said...

*thud* Wow! Both of your projects are stunning! I love it when something unexpected happens and the result is nothing short of spectacular. TFS!

Ingunn said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Grace said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Dawn!!! Love them both! The soft pink is so pretty!

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are stunning, Dawn....wow

Lenoria said...

These are both beautiful! I love them both and your innovative pink one is wonderful! We got up to about 3 inches of snow this morning and it is still snowing - and it is fantastic!! We haven't had snow in a while and it is a white wonderland. I am hoping for this on Christmas!!

Velta said...

Hi my friend...You cannot get more beautiful than this...as always your art is amazing!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Both are totally gorgeous!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuu! What a brilliant design. White on white rocks my world, but the snowflake makes it, completely. WOWzers!