Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Time With Dawn" and a Magic Box

MagicBox lid Block ODB 1Today is "Spending Time with Dawn" over at the ODBD blog.
Each week one of the "Breadsticks" is featured....
this week, it's me!!!

MagicBoxOpen angle1

When Lorelie showed us the Magic Box she'd done, I knew I just had to try one! (she has several on her blog...be sure to scroll down and check them all out...gorgeous!)
There are instructions
here. (Elaine's site must be down at the moment...keep trying)

I used the poinsettia and Scripture from the newly released set, Luke 2:11, stamping on Prism Blush Red dark in Distress Black Soot and immediately sprinkling on clear embossing powder and heat setting.

MagicBoxVerse I then bleached out the color a bit (using bleach) and re-colored using Copics and white gel pen. Each panel is spritzed with Pearl Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.

MagicBox lid side Kelley sent us an assortment of beautiful designer paper from SEI, it was so hard to decide which to use and to cut into...but cut I did!

MagicBox lidEach of these poinsettias was stamped three times using another newly released set, Blessed Christmas. Coloring with Copics, cutting and spritzing again with Pearl Glimmer Mist. Lots of shimmer here!
Gold Liquid Pearls by Ranger finished off the centers.

MagicBox Poinsettia2I used a Cuttlebug maple leaf die and a Martha Stewart maple leaf punch to assemble the flowers for the inside. Each is cut from white cs and colored with Copics, Pearl Glimmer Mist (there's that Shimmer again!!). The fern fronds are punched from the same SEI paper as the inside.

MagicBox halfopen MagicBoxPoinsettia closeup

Kelley does a package deal if you order all 3 sets together...you get 10% off! And don't forget, you still have time to get in on our November challenge, Show Us The Shimmer!

 

thanks for stopping!

Dawn

7 comments :

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my word, this is truly spectacular Dawn! I love the box! A beautiful gift for that special person.

Grace said...

Such a beautiful project Dawn! I love it!!! Whoever gets it will really be wowed by your creativity! I love that you made the flowers inside with punches! You are so clever!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Ohhhh we wonderful. This is absolutly.
Annette

- dlm. said...

Dawn - Your project is absolutely stunning! I'm in awe of your talent.

Holly said...

Oh Dawn!!!!!!!!! This is soooooo gorgeous! I love the top of your box and the inside is just wonderful! Bleaching out the color and adding a different color is a great idea! Love love love the shimmer you added with all the Glimmer Mist! Love that stuff!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Dawn...your box is beautiful!! And I love your poinsettia surprise!! What a gorgeous project!!

Joy said...

WOW! WOW! Amazingly gorgeous! :)