Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Anyone Feel Fall in the Air?

Well, if you’re checking out GinaK's new StampTV video, you’re going to see it’s very close! She is using items and stamp sets from her new “Signs of Autumn” StampTV kit!

Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I was extra excited when I learned I was going to get to share the awesome images and sentiments from this kit with you!!

The kit will be available starting tomorrow, July 30 at 10 PM CST at GinaK Designs and will retire just before the September kit debuts.

Blessed Are Those sideI love, love, love pumpkins and sunflowers!! Hey, I’m tellin’ ya, this set was made just for me! The sunflowers and pumpkins are colored with Copics. The top sunflower is popped up on a foam dimensional. See the little pumpkin in the trio? After coloring, I carefully cut out the little guy, glued the two down, then popped the third on more dimensionals. Normally I’d stamp and color a second one, cut it out and pop it over, but this worked out perfectly!

Blessed Are Those

I “dirtied” up all the edges with Old Paper Distress ink to give it more of a “country” feel. Don’t you just love the sentiment!

The card base is Gina’s Pure Luxury Soft Sand along with a new Digi paper, what else but…”Signs of Autumn”, Indian Corn…and this new yummy color, Green Apple! It’s very close to SU’s Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss, 2 colors that I just love! Here’s a comparison:

Green Apple CS Compare

 I love the weight of this cardstock, it’s perfect for embossing and cutting out images… two things that I love to do!!

 

So GratefulWhen I saw this solid rooster silhouette, I knew I had to try a beautiful sky with the rooster as the focal point…and what better technique to use than Smackin’ Acetate. Gina has a great tutorial here.

I used Zig markers on a piece of thick acetate and cut my Pure Luxury White cs first with my Inverted Scalloped Square before patting it down on the spritzed markers. The colors are much richer than the photo turned out. I thought the Inverted Scallops went well with the “sunrise” idea.

And that paper? More of the beautiful Signs of Autumn called Bee Hive. Look how it matches the Green Apple! Like the ribbon? I colored a pale green ribbon with  Copic marker YG95 Pale Olive!

For more projects made with the StampTV kit previewed today, be sure to check out the Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina, Asela, Cathy, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica, Joanne, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa

And…Tomorrow is the final day of previews before the big Release Party over at SCS Thursday night! You’ll get to see Gina's new Free with Three stamp set - you're going to LOVE this one!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

27 comments :

emilymomto3boys said...

Gorgeous Dawn! That first one with the label that has the cut out - FANTASTIC!

Dawn B. said...

These are really wonderful cards Dawn. I love the first one and I am so ready for fall. The second one is a great image. Super job..

Theresa Momber said...

OMGosh, Dawn, these cards are knock outs! Wowza!

Melanie said...

gorgeous peekaboo through the top note die!! i love it! great staging!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn -- I adore pumpkins!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. I love the pumpkins.

Donna Baker said...

wow! gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love the staging of your cards too

Anonymous said...

How beautiful your cards are! The identity choices leave only 'anonymous' open to me, but I am Pat J. at venicepat@hotmail.com. TFS

Brenda said...

Dawn your cards are gorgeous! Wow and do you ever know how to stage a card for a photo.

Lee said...

Wowza Dawn!!!! You sure were workin' overtime and totally knocked them outta the park!!!!

joy said...

The rafia bow is perfect for this card. You have a beautiful card!

- dlm. said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn!

A Consuming Passion said...

Dawn I loved your first card as soon as I saw it and I love this second card too!! You are one tallented lady!! I know you were so busy on the run up to this release but boy you did a good job!!

Jerri Kay said...

Dawn, I love it! A gorgeous Fall card; but I'm not ready for Fall yet, I don't want my son going back to school!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH WOW Dawn! All of these are just stunning!

slbt17 said...

WOW! love the work - thanks for the color comparison - love the pop up on your cards!
Sandra

Kurtis said...

Beautiful!

Tina said...

Dawn, these are FABULOUS!!! Great job on both cards.

asela said...

Drop dead gorgeous cards! Love them

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!

Velta said...

Dawn congrats on being picked for this honor...and no wonder...I love fall too and this card is just perfect!!! Well, my get well card was kinda special too!! I have it sitting right in front of my dest where I can see it when I am playing :)

Lisa Kind said...

These are fabulous, Dawn! Love the rooster! And those pumpkins and sunflowers are to die for! I LOVE AUTUMN!!!! My fav time of the year!

Katherine said...

Dawn, these are great!

Jennie said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, WOW! Love the detail of each :o)

Unknown said...

Dawn!! You are such a rock star designer!! We are so lucky to have you on our CenterStage Spotlight team this month!!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fantabulous.....

CraftieConnie said...

What more can I say than Absolutely Gorgeous!