Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Frog Eggs and Orchids

The other day while walking outside I came upon this unusual nest!!
Frog eggs? Serious?

Well, take a look for yourself!


No, actually, some stupid Starling had laid her eggs inside my llama trailer....not laying them IN a nest.... and they rolled OUT of the trailer...totally proving how stupid and worthless Starlings are! They are not Robin eggs, Robin eggs are a deeper blue. Two of them were cracked, so before the llamas stepped on them I thought they'd look cute in one of my little gardens. Then I got the idea of the frog sitting next to them....yeah, my goofy sense of humor!


~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Now for the Orchids


Today's sketch on SCS combined with Gina's technique for the day, shaving cream background. For the technique I used Adirondack dye reinkers, Lemonade, Cool Peri and Willow.

The orchid is another one from the set Tropicals by Inque Boutique. It's colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil then I sponged the background with Scattered Straw distress ink while it was still in the Spellbinder's die. I dabbed Milled Lavender Stickles on the petals with my fingertip....ooooh, spark-lay!

I made a couple of faux brads by using my Cropadile and punching 6 circles, gluing 3 together for each brad. Then I applied Glossy Accents and set them aside to dry before gluing in place.

supplies:
stamps: tropicals-inque boutique paper: hollo's smooth white, making memories textured ink: memento tuxedo black-tsukineko, scattered straw-ranger, adirondack reinkers lemonade, cool peri, willow-ranger other: shaving cream, martha stewart punches, cropadile, spellbinders sm/lg deckled mega rectangles, ribbon, zip dry glue, distress stickles-ranger, glossy accents-ranger, dauber, foam dimensionals, craft knife

Take a walk around the yard...you never know what you're going to find! *wink*

Thanks for stopping!

Myspace Comments, Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

5 comments :

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Dawn, and in my favorite color, too!

Ida said...

The card is beautiful.
We have 2 nests of Starlings in the eves of our back porch and they have just hatched. The little babies sound so hungry all the time. I don't find them usless or stupid as they have such a sweet song. It's all in how you view things I think.

smallcity said...

Wow! your card is beautiful

smallcity

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Shaving cream never looked so good! This is gorgeous! I love your mix of colours and that orchid: WOWza! That frog makes a good surrogate mother for the crazy starling. Poor lil' eggies. The pic is awesome though. I'm jealous you have llamas. ;o) My DH grew up with them; I always wanted one! :O)

- dlm. said...

I love the way that you colour with your Prismas and blend with baby oil. Every time I try to blend, I end up with an oily/greasy looking mess ( must still have way too much baby oil on the sponge ). C'est la vie.

A robin made a nest and laid 4 eggs on the shelf below our BBQ grill. We keep an eye on her and the nest by looking through the kitchen window. We can't wait to see the babies when they hatch.