Monday, June 30, 2008

Recycled Chicks

This week the girls on the farm are Going Green Recyling. You know you're addicted when you eye up everything before throwing it away OR you snatch that 'perfect something' out of someone's hands saying, "Don't Throw That Away!!! I CAN STAMP ON IT!!!" lol

I've sent so many packages off from my Ebay auctions that I ran out of tape and used the cardboard roll again. If you didn't get a chance to see my first one in the gallery, here it is.
This time I went with a fun theme. I thought this would be cute on a teacher's desk to hold paperclips or other small items.





Using Kim's Making The Grade and Writing Paper Scrapblock™ made this a fun project! That's a piece of Grungeboard painted with a Krylon Brights pen on the front...the Crop a Dile punched through that thick cardboard roll like it was soft butter! And that cute basket was one of my garage sale finds for 25 cents!


Now for an early sneak peek...shhhh, don't tell anybody*wink*

This is a jar that had salsa in it! I thought it was too 'unique' to throw away, then when Sherrie did the Glass Etching Tutorial last week I knew I had to use the jar! I've done glass etching before but never on something like this. It was fun...give it a try for a unique gift or just something pretty for yourself.

Oh, by the way...these gorgeous snowflakes are a new set from Aimee Nugent being released July 11.

I can't wait to see what the other girls have done! You can play along too, see Julia's post -------->here
Kristine
Julia
Lesley
Kim
Lisa
Val


6 comments :

Kristine Reynolds said...

I love both of these project Dawn! I have three rolls of empty tape rolls in the corner...I have got to try this!

Holly said...

Oh be still my heart..... snowflakes....... I love snow and snowflakes (ya can put the girl in Texas, but her heart still belongs to Iowa).

Love your little paper clip holder. So cute and perfect for a teacher!

Valerie said...

What a fun holder for paper clips on a teacher's desk, Dawn! And the etched jar is just beautiful! Way to go GREEN!

Lisa Silver said...

OK... so I was thinking all along that the rolls were packed in that container. But, that's the empty roll! I get it now! Wow... you HAVE used a lot of tape! I need to run out of tape so I can hoard them too! LOL!!!

I love both of your projects! Perfect for goin' green!

hugs,
lise

- dlm. said...

Your etched glass jar is so pretty! Now I have another project that I just have to try as this would make a unique gift. I also like the idea of reusing the empty tape dispensers to make paper clip holders. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

That etched jar is beyond stunning Dawn!!! Love it!