Friday, March 14, 2008

Serendipity

Well, today is Friday! Grocery shopping, errands day...have to get a package to the Post Office for a publication! YES, this will be my fourth publication!! smilie content gelukkig blij springerig

Tomorrow is Spring cleaning at church to get ready for Easter services... can you say BUSY?!!

Ok...several more sneak peeks wink
Another adorable Tom Allen Friendly Kritters, this one is called 'Friends Don't Mind'

Colored with copics, the sky is colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil.

This is where Serendipity (Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.) happened. I tried using my Stazon white ink pad on the Reverse Dots Backgrounder, but I think it needs reinked!

So, plan B... I squirted some white acrylic paint on some scrap paper and rolled my brayer through it, rolled the brayer over the Backgrounder and stamped. And that is how it came out.... totally by accident, but I like it!


Who would have thought snails could be cute?! This is from Asela's new line, Garden Friends.

Colored with copics, then I applied Ranger Sepia Accents to the shell! It looks cool IRL. Distress inks sponged around edges... boy, do I love Distress inks!!!


I have to thank Hannah for the flower!! Hannah, if you see this, your flower on the thank you card you sent me matched perfectly and I needed something to 'stick' there!! (as you can see it doesn't have the original pretty bling rhinestone....it popped off and is hiding somewhere on my floor! I searched but, alas, couldn't find it!! hence the grommit thingy with more of the Sepia Accents filling it)

This is also a past CPS sketch, but I'm too lazy to look it up...hehe

This one from Asela's Small Pleasures. I masked the bunny to stamp the daisies and tall grass.


It's colored with copics with the background being sponged with Cloudy Blue ink.

Supplies:

All images Cornish Heritage Farms

Serve One Another- Tom Allen

Friends Don't Mind- Tom Allen

Reverse Dots Backgrounder

Small Pleasures- Asela

Large Daisy Patch

Tall Weeds

Grass

Garden Friends- Asela

Silhouette Blooms 2- Kim Hughes

Cardstock/Pattern Paper:

Georgia Pacific white

Making Memories

Island Mist light, dark- Prism Papers

Basicgrey

Ink:

Adirondack Pitch Black, Juniper, Cloudy Blue- Ranger

Distress Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters- Ranger

Accessories:

Copic markers- ellenhutson.com

Ribbon

White Painter's Marker- Elmer's

White Acrylic Paint

Brayer

Sepia Accents- Ranger

Flower (thanks Hannah!)

Grommit

Crop a dile 2

Jumbo Daubers- Tsukineko

Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil

Corner rounder for scallops

Have a GREAT weekend!!! I'm off to town!

2 comments :

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh my word I love that bunny card the best! The masking is PERFECT and the coloring divine!

Angelnorth said...

Some great new cards here Dawn! Asela's new stamps look fantastic and your treatments of them are great. Love that snail and the Sepia Accents was an inspired touch!