Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kinkade Mugs


Every year at Christmas, Wal Mart has Thomas Kinkade gift sets. These mugs are filled with a box of tea, cookies and a rock candy swizzle stick. I have quite a collection and couldn't pass this one up!
It's the Forest Chapel which I just happened to have the stamp *wink*.
The card was done for the Limited Supply Challenge on SCS
* making cards with a white base...
* add a couple of smaller layers of colored cardstock
* stamp as desired* add a little ribbon (or an embellishment of your choice)
* maybe add some piercing or a punch or 2
And voila... you have an easy quick white based card!
  • I stamped the TK image from Cornish Heritage Farms with versamark then covered it with Ranger seafoam white embossing powder and heated with my heat tool.
  • Next I used my handy dandy jumbo dauber and sponged Ranger distress broken china over the entire image, the embossing resisted the ink allowing it to color the open areas. When I was satisfied with the look, I took a cloth and wiped any excess ink off the embossed parts.
  • Using my Spellbinders Nestabilities oval dies, I then cut the ovals to the sizes I wanted.
  • The cuttlebugged snowflake layer is popped up on dimensionals and is actually the original piece that the Chapel was stamped, colored and cut from! Just flipped that baby, cut it down and bugged it! No waste! *wink*
  • The Prism cardstock matched perfectly as did the ribbon I happened to have.
All in all it was a very quick card to put together that has the "elegant, I spent a lot of time on this" look!

2 comments :

Kittie said...

Dawn, I love your picture. It is so perfectly youand your lovely, sweet personality. Oh...I love your card, too!

Lastel said...

Beautiful !