Thursday, September 27, 2007

Olympic Tryouts



Do you think penguins try jump spins, salchows and toe-loops?

I had this idea last night and couldn't wait to put it to paper this morning!
I sketched the ice line and stamped 3 penguins, masked them and stamped the Trees backgrounder (from CHF). I masked and sponged the trees with Adirondack stained glass...in real life the green isn't so green! I realize there wouldn't be much green in the middle of winter!! But it was too late! lol
I then stamped 3 more penguins, cutting off one leg (they didn't feel a thing ) so I could change how they looked when I repositioned them on dimensionals.
Their scarves and beaks are colored with marker. The ice is twinkling H2O's blue ice.

Don't forget to be watching the CHF blog for the Fun and Prizes next week!!

8 comments :

Angelnorth said...

This is such great fun Dawn - love it! Then penguins look like they're having a great time :o)

Alli Miles said...

You are so cute my friend! I LOVE what you are doing with these guys.

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!!! I love it!! Those trees are awesome!

Mary said...

Wow! This card is awesome.I love that you used the tree backgrounder with the new penguin stamp. Looks as though I will have to get the tree backgrounder. :)

Mary

Dee Jackson said...

This card is so adorable!! I love it:) I just found your blog I will be adding a link on my blog, hope you don't mind. I wanted to tell you congrats on the CHF design team. I was so thrilled to see you on the list. I thought the card Lisa posted on her blog was outstanding!!
Dee

Magical Memory Keeper said...

Love your blogspot!
Linda
lndareed@netscape.net

Anonymous said...

Love the puppy finding his treasure!!
Patty
turx@comcast.net

michelle sturgeon said...

LOL! Love the title for this entry!